Thursday 12 August 2010

Book Thirty-Six

Title: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 
Author: JKRowling
Summary: Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy - until he is rescued by a beetle-eyed giant of a man, enrols at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, learns to play Quidditch and does battle in a deadly duel. The Reason: HARRY POTTER IS A WIZARD!
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
Time Started: A while ago. Date uncertain.
Time Ended: 6th August, time unknown.
Page Count: 223
Age Rating: N/A
Warning: Total awesomeness
Appeal Rating: 9/10.

This is the third time I've re-read the series, and I started re-reading it for a book club on a forum I'm on. We were meant to read three chapters a week and then discuss them. However, that book club slowly disappeared, and I didn't really put much effort into reading. I wasn't in a reading mood, see. I went on holiday this weekend and, with nothing to do during the evenings, I relied on books. And so I got this finished the first night we were there.

Just like the past two times, the story never grows old. Being a huge Potternerd, I can read and re-read and re-read and re-read the books without ever getting bored, and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment