Monday 30 August 2010

Book Forty

Title: An Abundance of Katherines
Author: John Green
Summary: When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls names Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun - but no Katherins. Colin is on a mission to prove the Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.
Genre: Adventure/Romance
Time Started: I can't remember
Time Ended: 30th August, 3:38am.
Page Count: 215
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: Profanity, suggestive conversation.
Appeal Rating: 7/10.


It started off really slow and I admit, I wasn't getting into it. But about a third of the way through, I started getting into it, and it kept getting better, and I started to connect with the characters and I really liked it.


In certain aspects, I'm like Lindsey, but not drastically similar. It's in the sense that she's "not real" because she changes herself for people. Around TOC, she's bubbly and giggly and preppy. Around the oldsters, she has a Southern accent and she's sweet and generous. Around Colin, she's herself. She stops pretending.


In a way, this is like me. My truest form is the one I show online. Offline, people will judge me for what I like and who I like, etc., so I hide certain things from them. Online, people don't judge me, and those who do - well, who cares about them?


It's the way I hide offline that makes me like her. The Internet is the Colin to my Lindsey.


But enough rambling - it was a great book and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment