Sunday 28 February 2010

Book One.

I lost the original review, so I have to rewrite it.

Title: Stolen.
Author: Lucy Christopher.
Summary: It happened like this. I was stolen from an airport. Taken from everything I knew, everything I was used to. Taken to the sand and heat, dirt and danger. And he expected me to love him. This is my story. A letter from nowhere.
Genre: Tragedy/Drama.
Time Started: 1st January, 10:45am.
Time Ended: 1st January, 9:30pm.
Page Count: 301.
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: Nudity, talk of rape, swearing.
Appeal Rating: 9/10

Stolen is a great book with a new voice for teenage readers. It's a letter, written from the kidnapped to the kidnapper. The entire book is one huge letter, talking about their time in the desert, how much she hated him, how much she ... well, I won't ruin it. This is a really inspiring, fantastic read with such amazing vocabulary and witty humour. It really does feel like it was written by a teenage girl. And no, that's not a bad thing.

I love how Ty connects with the animals, and seems so nice and friendly, despite kidnapping Gemma. It's such a realistic story with an amazing storyline and interesting subplots. It captures you from the first page in. The setting is believable, the characters have a sort of twisted, messed up chemistry deep down and it's really enjoyable story.

Favourite Quote: When Gemma is naming the animals after people she knows: "I named the rooster Dick, after you." (It's always the rude/mean/sarcastic things that get you giggling ^.^ )

Recommended to anyone above the age of thirteen (:

No comments:

Post a Comment