Sunday 7 March 2010

Book Seven.

Title: Leaving Poppy
Author: Kate Cann
Summary: Poppy needs you. She's always needed you. She'll never let you go. It's time to leave home, escape your sister, get out of her clutches. But what is your new life isn't a safe place? Someone is waiting for you there. Waiting for Poppy.
Genre: Horror/Mystery
Time Started: 18th January, 6:15pm.
Time Ended: 19th January, 10:00pm.
Page Count: 348.
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: Bad language, and hints at sexual situations.
Appeal Rating: 9/10.

This book was amazing, and I'm really sad that I don't have the book on my bookshelves (it's from the school library). The characters were developed amazingly, and except for the ghost haunting the house, it was mostly realistic. I thought Marty was adorable, I just wanted to give him a big hug. Even though he's eighteen and I'm thirteen. xD

Some parts had me really paranoid, like when the cushion ripped (I don't want to reveal too much, so we'll leave it at that ;D), and pretty much every time Amber entered her room. I made the mistake of reading it at night... so not doing that again; at least, not with books in that genre. xD

I loved the story line, it's really amazing, and all the sub-plots slotted in so wonderfully, and I really felt like I could be there, too, in the same situation. I felt like I was one of the housemates, like I've been there for ages and I know them all really well. I feel comfortable in the area, and the book just makes me fit, makes me connect. It's really great.

Definitely recommending this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment