Monday 8 March 2010

Book Twelve.

Title: Bewtixt
Author: Tara Bray Smith
Summary: For three teenagers, dark mystery has always lurked at the corner of the eyes and the edge of sleep. Beautiful Morgan D'Amici wakes in her trailer park with dirt and blood under her fingernails. Paintings come alive under Ondine Mason's violet-eyed gaze. Haunted runaway Nix Saint-Michael sees haloes of light around people about to die. At a secret summer festival three teenagers learn of their true, changeling nature and their uncertain, intertwined destinies.
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Time Started: 3rd Feb, 10:40pm
Time Ended: 4th March, 2:50pm
Page Count: 402
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: Swearing, use of drugs, sexual suggestiveness.
Appeal Rating: 8/10.

Why did this take me an entire month? I didn't have my reading head on. I just couldn't bring myself to read when there were amazing people online waiting to talk to me, or homework to be attended to. It's not because I was busy, I just couldn't be bothered.

But, on with the review... This book was amazing, though slightly confusing. There were so many different names for the changelings - changelings, fay, faeries, "f*cking flying fairies" (according to Nix, even though they can't fly). And then there's the cutters and the weaklings and the humans and the ... it's been a while since I've read a full-on fantasy book, it took some time to get my head wrapped round it. Still, once I grasped it, t'was good (:

Nix is great. I really connected with him. I have no idea, because we have barely anything in common, but... yes, I connected with him. And I love his name. 'Nix'. It's such an awesome nickname (real name = Nicholas). Then again, they all seem to have quite obscure names.

Nix, Ondine, Neve... xD

Recommended? Yupp.(:

No comments:

Post a Comment