Wednesday 12 May 2010

Book Nineteen.

Title: Pita-Ten Vol. 1
Author: Koge-Donbo
Summary: It's a hard-knock life for Kotarou. His father is always away on business, and his mother recently passed away. He spends a lot of time alone...and he hates it. Maybe he can make good use of his solitude - his middle school exams are looming ahead, and he needs to buckle to down and study hard. But his concentration - along with his loneliness - is shattered when a zany girl named Misha unexpectedly moves in next door to him. Soon, Misha starts cropping up every Kotarou goes! Although she seems to have a stalker's mentality, MIsha claims she's an angel. Her mission: To make sure Kotaroi is happy and safe. That's a tall order, since Misha seems to know almost nothing about life on Earth!
Genre: Romance
Time Started: 10th May, 8:25am.
Time Ended: 11th May, 5:10pm.
Page Count: 178
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: N/A
Appeal Rating: 5/10.
 
There isn't much I can say about it, really. It's the first manga I've ever read from start to finish. I went through most of the book confused about how to read it, starting in the wrong places all the time and messing up a lot, so I wasn't taking much of it in. What I was taking in, however, was very weird, and even after reading the second book and wanting to read further, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I asked my friend, Allie, who was the one who made me read it, and even she decided it was weird. So, clearly, I chose the wrong manga to start off with, because it's not giving me a great impression on other manga books.

But it's not unbearable. 

Misha-san annoys the hell out of me, I always get Ayanokoji-kun and Ten-chan mixed up because they're both fair-haired, and I still stumble over the layout every now and then, but other than that, I can find no reason to disapprove of it. It was an alright book, and I'm not going to deny it. It was good enough to make me read the next one, so that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment