Wednesday 12 May 2010

Book Twenty

Title: Pita-Ten Vol.2
Author: Koge-Donbo
Summary: When your next-door neighbours are a hyperactive angel and her enigmatic friend, life can be filled with drama - just ask Kotarou. Mayhem magnifies when Kotaroi's best friend, Takashi, sprains his ankle right before the elementary school's new play is set to debut! And now Kotaroi must take on the lead role as the Moon Princess Kaguya! Will Kotarou get stage fright, or just frighten everyone on stage? Send in the clowns - we'll have tragedy tomorrow, comedy tonight!
Genre: Romance
Time Started: 12th May, 8:30am
Time Ended: 12th May, 4:30pm.
Page Count: 178
Age Rating: 13+
Warning: N/A
Appeal Rating: 7/10.
I undoubtedly enjoyed this more than the last one, though I'm not surprised, because I knew the layout from the start, and I was familiar with the characters. I could look at a picture and think, "Hey, that's Kotarou!" or see "Tee hee hee!" and groan at the arrival of Misha. However, I still get Ten-chan and Ayanokoji-kun hopelessly mixed up. But, either way, they're still great and I enjoyed it.

You know, when Allie requested that I read manga, I was reluctant and doubted I'd like it. When I started reading Pita-Ten, I fully expected to hate it ... and I can tell you, I didn't enjoy much at first. But then I started looking past all the things I don't like about manga - the lack of description, the all-dialogue writing format, and started looking at the plot and things like that, and I was able to get into it. Although I'm still kind of grumblegrumblemangagrumble, I'm more open to it.

But as much as I'm enjoying the series, I still want to punch Misha's lights out whenever she pops up. No teenager can be so preppy and annoying. Buuuut, whatever.

Good book, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment